Art Center Guidelines & Policies
Please read all policies carefully before registering for a class.
HOW TO REGISTER
- To ensure enrollment, please register as soon as possible. Class space is limited.
- Please register online to receive an automated email confirmation. Arrive for your class at the date and time listed in the Class Schedule. You will be notified of any changes.
All class and workshop registrations will be closed 48 hours prior to the start date. If minimum enrollment is not reached by the registration deadline, the class will be canceled and refunds will be issued. If you do not receive a cancellation notice the class will be held as scheduled.
FEES & DISCOUNTS
- Tuition amounts are noted in the class schedule.
- Art Center members receive 10% off tuition for one year from the date of their membership. The member discount applies to all classes and workshops for which a member registers unless otherwise noted.
- Full payment of tuition is required at the time of registration. Tuition is not pro-rated.
- Youth scholarships are available for camp and some classes based on financial need. Contact The Art Center Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Scholarship Application Form.
Gift Certificates for classes, workshops and Summer Programs are available for purchase. They are not redeemable for cash or able to be used for membership payment or other fees and services.
CANCELLATIONS, MAKE-UP CLASSES, WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
- The Arts Center of Clemson reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes to adjust for enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a class is canceled, all registered students will be notified immediately and will receive a full refund.
- Students who miss class on their own accord will not receive a refund, credit or make-up opportunity.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a class or workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $15 processing fee, up to five business days before the start date.
It is the policy of The Arts Center to close due to inclement weather when the Pickens County Schools are closed. If you have a class a makeup class will be scheduled or refund issued. This will be at The Arts Center's discreation.
Call The Arts Center at 864.633.5051 for closing announcements due to inclement weather. The announcements will be recorded by 9:30AM on the morning in question and will also be posted on The Arts Center's website and Facebook page.
No student substitutions are allowed. Only students enrolled in a certain class can attend that class unless they have the permission of the Program Director.
The Arts Center reserves the right to dismiss any student for inappropriate behavior.
The Arts Center is not responsible for artwork and other property left on the premises and has no liability if such property is lost, stolen or damaged, except in instances when the artwork is displayed in a gallery exhibition and insurance coverage is in place. The Art Center does not have the space to store artwork between semesters. Any artwork left after the semester ends will be discarded. The Art Center is not responsible for any digital artwork or images left on the computers in the digital lab. You must back up your work on your flash drive each time you use the lab.
The Arts Center will occasionally document classes and student work using photography and video for promotional purposes only. If you do not wish yourself or your child photographed, please notify The Arts Center in writing.
Work not created with The Art Center's clay will not be fired at The Arts Center. Clay is available for purchase. Please contact Emily Freelin, Ceramics Program Director, at email@example.com.
OPEN STUDIO GUIDELINES
- You must pay for an open studio before attending. Each open studio varies in price and times. Please contact Lisa Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to make payment.
- Open studios are scheduled. No one may work in studio without a monitor.
- Current students enrolled in a class may attend that studio's open studio at no charge for the duration of that class.