The photography studio offers classes in digital, traditional and alternative processes. Learn how to take better photographs, and enjoy capturing images.
Pre-registration is required three days before the start of class or workshop.
You are not registered unless paid in full.
If you are a Clemson resident your discount will be applied before you pay.
Need help registering?
Call or email email@example.com
Woodland / Landscape Photography Workshops with Philip Culberston
Required materials: Students must bring their own camera, preferably DSLR or "point and shoot" with the ability to control exposure and focus manually. Tripod (doesn't need to be expensive but should be sturdy)
Optional materials: If you have any of the following, please bring them (but they are not required) cable release, polarizing filter the camera lens, ND filters 3-6-10 stop and graduated ND filters.
Outdoor and Landscape Photography Basics
Five night workshop covering the basics of nature, woodland, and landscape photography and techniques to capture compelling images.
You will learn:
- The differences in snapshots and compelling photographs
- The best file format based on desired goals for the images (raw or jpeg)
- •How to locate good Woodland, Wildlife and Landscape subjects
- Understanding light and how to apply the knowledge in woodland and landscape photographs
- Landscape and nature photography composition
- Techniques and equipment for capturing images, camera controls, setting up the photograph
- Digital file management, backup, and social media
- Overview of post processing
Expectations and Goals
When the course is completed, participants will be able to use their basic camera gear to obtain and display/share meaningful and compelling outdoor images from woodlands, wildlife or landscapes. Some examples are photographs of:
- Woodland scenes, interesting trees, and natural beauty found in forests.
- Rivers and waterfalls.
Outdoor and Landscape Photography Basics w/ Philip Culbertson